Corporate Sales Professional
Director of IMB- ICONA Means Business
The Corporate Sales Professional is responsible for outbound and inbound sales of our resort spaces and services for corporate and event groups. We are looking for an individual that is self-motivated, creative, and passionate about our mission.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with potential guests and leads to identify and understand their requirements and suggest products and services to meet their needs.
- Ensures guests satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise pre- and post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous guests, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Clearly outline BEO for room block requirements, suite requirements, meeting, and banquet space, to ensure the appropriate space is reserved and prepared for the client.
- Manages detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any guest or vendor relationship problems.
- Provides territory sales forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Analytical Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in an office/hotel setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Stand- Under 2/3rd of the time.
- Walk- Under 2/3rd of the time.
- Sit- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time.
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
There is 30% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years’ experience is face to face selling with proven closing ratio.
- Preference for experience selling hotel Corporate and Group events.
- Strong experience with cold calling skills.
- Strong experience with email writing skills.
- Strong experience with follow up and closing a pipeline of leads.
- Ability to use designated event software.
- Ability to use designate lead management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.