Manager, Food & Beverage
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
With events and games back on at Prospera Place, Eventium is in need of a full-time Manager of Food & Beverage to assist the GM of Food & Beverage with the day-to-day operations of the restaurants, concessions and suites to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently. Eventium is the exclusive food and beverage supplier to both Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria BC and Prospera Place in Kelowna BC, and caters to the needs of the Manhattan Point Grill Restaurant, Executive Suites Catering, as well as private and backstage catering needs.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let's get into the details:
A Day in the Life:
- Motivate, lead, mentor and train the F&B team
- Strategize with the Executive Chef and GM, Food & Beverage on promotions, menus, special events, new products and service offerings
- Ensure Eventiums standards and brand standards are maintained
- Create unforgettable experiences for our guests
- Manage revenue and expenses for Eventium (manage labour, productivity, budget guidelines, efficiencies and profitability)
- Monitors the dining room and buffet operations and assists in supervising private functions.
- Ensures the ongoing training of all front of house staff to ensure an exceptional guest service experience in line with established operating standards
- Ensure the day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently, in line with company standards.
- Assisting with stocking, ordering and monitoring inventory and deliveries
- Monitor food and beverage sales, expenses, and promotions.
- Help with purchase orders, invoicing, presentations, and documents using Word and Excel.
- Ad hoc responsibilities as assigned by the GM of Food & Beverage
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 2 years F&B management and supervisory experience
- Product knowledge of wines, liquors and other beverages
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Proven track record in quality establishments
- Ability to train and cultivate team members
- Catering, banquet or group menu experience is an asset
- Solid administrative skills including payroll, scheduling, ordering /inventory, report generating
- Flexible schedule including the ability to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended shift
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to manage VIP clientele Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Serving it Right
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Eventium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position