The Training Specialist is responsible for delivering a variety of technical, operational, and soft skills training programs throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Training Manager on special projects as assigned and bank initiatives as needed/required.
- Assists in identifying and analyzing training needs.
- Assists in the design, development and maintenance of training solutions for a variety of mediums (classroom, web-based, blended learning), including production of all course materials and other printed and electronic material such as notes, handouts, videos, reference guides and manuals.
- Coordinates and/or delivers training to new and existing employees of all skill levels relating to the bank’s policy and procedures, compliance, security, products and programs.
- Assist in managing and promoting the use of our Learning Management System.
- Conducts procedural trainings via university webinars.
- Conducts follow-up and evaluation of trainees through in-person visits and correspondence with trainees and supervisors to ensure transfer of knowledge.
- Assists in coordinating conferences, outside vendor scheduling, and regulatory trainings.
- Works with the Compliance Department to maintain knowledge of regulatory and corporate policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Update instructional manuals as procedures, policies and regulations change.
- Acts as branch personnel support on occasion as it pertains to training only.
- Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank policies.
- Any other duties or activities that may be assigned by Training Manager.
- The job will require occasional out-of-town travel throughout FGB’s footprint.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Advanced communication skills including excellent grammar, ability to explain in writing, complex concepts and workflows in a simple, concise and easy to understand manner.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Experience with Captivate or other e-learning software preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, decision-making and attention to detail.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver solid and consistent results for the bank and bring assignments to successful completion.
- Training or adult education experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled