Front Desk Supervisor - Four Points by Sheraton
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you!
Located at near the Kelowna Airport, we are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $17.40-$19.00 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a full time opportunity, working from 32-40 hours a week.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
Under the guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Front Office Supervisor is responsible for leading the day to day Front Desk operations, ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of guest service. You’ll be responsible for checking guests in and out, coaching the team, and maintaining the smooth flow of front desk services and daily operations according to the standards of the Four Points by Sheraton.
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Develop/maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to employee concerns
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Process all guest check-ins, verifying guest identity, form of payment, assigning room, and activating/issuing room key
- Supervise, train and assist Front Desk team as required
- Enter rewards information and enroll new members
- Compile and review daily reports/logs/contingency lists
- Complete cashier and closing reports
- Process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges and email/print folios
- Processing and confirming wake up calls
- Understanding of squirrel, and other key systems (Visionline)
- Quality of service, able to hand complaints and provide resolution
- Balance inventory and groups between Lightspeed and Marsha
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Welcome and acknowledge guests; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds
- Operate Hotel shuttle in a safe manner in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School graduation required
- Class 5 license
- First Aid certification an asset
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner
- Exceptional organization
- Ability to develop common sense solutions to everyday problems
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve goals
- Ability to work with all employees to promote teamwork and co-operative relationships within and across departments
- Ability to provide ongoing coaching to staff to enhance performance
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.