Job Title: Dishwasher
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
A dishwasher maintains kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine
· Sorts and washes pots, pans, flatware, glasses and trays
· Sweeps and mops kitchen floors
· Cleans and replaces kitchen mats daily
· Keeps dish area and dish sinks prepared for proper sanitary use
· Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks
· Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated container
· Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans
· Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle crushing machine
· Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth
· Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
· Washes and peels vegetables
· Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests
· Practices safe food handling and cleanliness ta all times
· Safely handles food prep, dish machine equipment and knives
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Job Knowledge - Competent in cleaning supplies and operation of cleaning equipment.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Ethics - Works with honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Organizational Support - Follows restaurant policies and procedures
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Efficient - Completes work in timely manner
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly
· Education and/or Experience - No prior experience or training
· Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The job may also require frequent twisting and bending. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or citizenship status, service member status, disability or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.