Tax Credit/LIHTC Property - Waters at Fairfield Apartments!
The Assistant Community Manager assists the Community Manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the Community Manager's absence, the Assistant Community Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner. In addition, the Assistant Community Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits of all other monies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Community Manager supports the Manager by setting an example of excellence in property management and professional appearance for all on-site staff. The Assistant Community Manager also conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Collects all rent and other charges from residents.
- Promptly updates all rents, deposits, and any other monies received from residents and all other sources. Verifies that all monies received correspond with the lease.
- Issues appropriate notice when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Maintains accurate resident records.
- Follows Atlantic Housing Management’s Policies for Rental Collections including filing for evictions, attending court, receiving judgments, and performing lock-outs.
- Maintains positive resident relations attitude.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Inspect move-outs and vacancies when requested by the manager.
- Performs all aspects of Leasing Consultants Job Description, including but not limited to, greeting prospective clients, shows community, and outside marketing, as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Coordinates all lease renewals in accordance with Atlantic Housing Management’s Lease Renewal Policy.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
- Contacts each Notice-to Vacate and attempts to convert them to a renewal.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the manager for the marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
- Updates the on-site accounting system for all property activity, including but not limited to leases, notices, move-ins, move-outs, traffic, and demographics.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- In the absence of the Manager, coordinates vendors to ensure timely make-readies for move-ins.
- Proofreads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with the resident when work is completed.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the manager or property supervisor.
- One year experience in property management. Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Computer Skills: On-Site Rental System (Yardi), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email (Gmail)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works as part of a team and completes assignments independently.
- Takes instructions from supervisors.
- Exercises problem-solving skills.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner. Must learn and comply with all company safety rules.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other company officials.
- The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or work area.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401K, training, opportunities for advancement, and an EOE/drug-free workplace.
ATLANTIC HOUSING is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled