Cornerstone Auto Group is a local family-owned business that has been around for over 50 years. We make customer, employee and community relations our top priority. We are looking for team players that can embrace our culture and customer service philosophy to ensure we continue to provide unparalleled customer service. In 2018 & 2019, Cornerstone was named one of the National Standard Top Workplaces by the Star Tribune. We are looking for a Controller/Office Manager to join our team at the pre-owned location in Plymouth.
Benefits that are offered:
- Multiple Health Care options with corporate contribution
- Free Health Care option for employee
- Dental insurance with corporate match
- Vision insurance
- Free basic Life Insurance
- HSA with a corporate contribution
- 401K with corporate match
- Accident and Critical Illness
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Wellness Program with Fitness Discounts
- Auto Sales, Service, Parts and Accessories discounts
- Additional Employee Discounts and Perks
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Primary duties will consist of but not limited to:
- Manages regular office and administrative functions of the dealership. Assures adequate staffing available during business hours.
- Provides effective communication throughout the office personnel as well as interdepartmental.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures.
- Managing, recruiting, training and retaining competent accounting and support staff.
- Ensures adherence to accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Controls all posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions, and additions and changes to inventory.
- Prepares timely monthly dealership factory financial statements and submits drafts to upper management for review and approval.
- Manages the technology and documents flows and file requirements for the office activity and the dealership departments.
- Oversees credit approval, reconciliation, collection and reporting of all dealership customer, intercompany and factory receivables.
- Maintains dealership general ledger, monthly adjustments, and journals on a timely basis.
- Manages reconciliation of all dealership accounts and maintenance of software records.
- Manages or prepares monthly commissions and communicates to the payroll department.
- Manages monthly closing of all transactions from all departments for the dealership.
- Oversees adjustments and maintenance of records and histories for year-end closing.
- Manages the timely payment of floor plan notes, payables and other obligations.
- Assists with requests and coordinating with outside accounting and tax services.
- Manages accurate records and encourages physical inspections of all vehicle inventories, contracts, customer accommodations, factory transactions, and other inventories.
- Observes a system of approvals and check signing for transactions and adjustments in the dealership.
- Encourages high-quality financial documentation records and integrity.
- Instills a system of reconciliation accuracy, follow up and timely action.
- Manages sales tax and other dealership compliance reporting and file requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of government, factory, tax and license reporting requirements.
- Ensure successful completion of tax and government agency filings.
- Be an example of professional morals and ethics.
- Conducts coaching and meetings as needed.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all office employees.
- Monitors schedule for the employees.
- Performs ongoing performance development for employees.
Education and/or Experience:
- Successful proven and progressive track record in a dealership office administration.
- Minimum of four years of education and or experience in accounting.
- Experience with Automotive Dealership (5 years or more)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current, valid Driver’s License with driving record that meets insurance company standards.
- Willing to submit and the ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Good working relations with customers and employees.
- Earn and maintain on-going industry and factory related training requirements.
- Detail-oriented, professional appearance and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Our Values: We value our relationships. We do what’s right, what’s honest. We aim for excellence. We listen to really understand. We take action. We show respect. We work as teams. We strive to improve, learn. We greet each day with gratitude. We celebrate what we do together.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.