SmartLinx is a rapidly expanding Workforce Management SaaS company looking for a talented and highly motivated Support Specialists in our Charleston, SC office to join our Customer Support team and help our customers. We offer a diverse, casual work environment, with a great entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to learn and grow very quickly, but always with an eye toward a proper work/life balance.
This is a “roll-up-your-sleeves and work hard with a team of passionate people”
type of position. As a SmartLinx Payroll Support Specialist, you will support customers who
utilize our highly-customizable Labor Management software. You will use advanced
troubleshooting techniques to address customer concerns ranging from basic questions to
critical/time-sensitive issues. You will instill confidence in our customers, build their trust in
SmartLinx as a valued partner and have a significant impact on our customers’ experience with
our product through effective engagement and timely issue resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain high customer satisfaction with a primary focus on providing the best customer
• Interact with customers via phone, chat, and email to proficiently and consistently
troubleshoot and resolve basic issues for the SmartLinx suite of products
• Accurately capture case notes, document activities and manage cases in a way that is
clear, concise and actionable by other internal resources and a customer viewing from
the case portal
• Quickly identify when issues are more complex and gather appropriate information to
triage to a senior member of the Support team to resolve
• Author, edit and publish quality Knowledge base content to improve customer self service resources
• Accurately link and categorize cases upon case closure to help inform the root cause of
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, including research on software application errors and
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate
customer’s needs to technical support staff and communicate case details to customers
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and file
• Familiarity with, or ability to learn, querying MS SQL database tables
• Extremely motivated individual who is passionate about their work and helping our
customers achieve success
• High-level performer who excels in both a team and individual environment.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, meeting all defined performance.
Education and Experience:
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree or previous technical troubleshooting experience.
• Previous experience with payroll processing and/or workforce management applications (Time & Attendance, Payroll, Scheduling, HR Management, etc.) is preferred.