The Facilities Manager is a member of the Operations Department and works closely with the Director of Operations in managing all aspects of the maintenance of the building and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the facility is maintained to a high standard, including full compliance with codes/regulations, health and safety requirements
- Ensure building and grounds are all cleaned, neat, and orderly.
- Perform or assist in all snow and ice removal as required.
- Assist with the coordination and supervision of the work of contractors, including general building, mechanical and electrical, fire alarm systems, lift maintenance, pest control, security systems, emergency light testing & inspections, waste management, utilities, and any other maintenance requests, closely monitoring progress to ensure quality and completion of work
- Monitor all procedures related to periodic maintenance, servicing, and inspection of equipment including HVAC, plumbing fixtures, sewage systems, electrical fixtures and circuitry, pumps, motors, elevators, related instruments/controls, etc.
- Assist in the supervision of the custodial contractor and maintain stock and inventory of cleaning and janitorial supplies
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of a planned and preventative maintenance schedule that anticipates and incorporates future developments with the building’s infrastructure, finishes, fixtures, and décor
- Helps ensure optimum performance of all IT systems and hardware, including telephones
- Ensure completion of ongoing regular maintenance, such as changing HVAC filters and light bulbs; minor plumbing, electrical, and carpentry projects; minor emergency repairs, etc.
- Work with Director of Operations to develop annual operations and capital budgets; ensures effective use of human, fiscal, and physical resources
- Inventory and monitor Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) and makes recommendations on repairs, replacements, or upgrades
- Fulfill requests for meeting room or event set-up, such as moving and arranging tables, chairs, lecterns, risers, etc.
- Participate in departmental and building-wide meetings as requested
- Provide support for Director of Operations in case of illness, vacation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superior people skills in a customer service environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Knowledge of industry-specific software such as Ungerboeck event management system, CAD programs, etc. is a plus.
- Organized with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a team
- Ability to multi-task under time constraints and effectively lead staff
- Ability to operate in a flexible manner and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong knowledge of painting, sheetrock work, and basic maintenance capabilities
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and external) oriented self-starter
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays with occasional need to work 6 days per week.
Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience as a lead member of an operations or facilities maintenance team
- Experience reading architectural plans is preferred.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Experience in a variety of trades relevant to general building functions including carpentry, plumbing, electrical,
- HVAC, and mechanical; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of building materials and methods.
- Experience in procurement with strong negotiation skills
- Experience with Fire/Life Safety & Security Systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person, on the telephone, and electronically. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to operate computer keyboard, office equipment, and other essential tasks. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. This position frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds and may walk as much as 1 to 2 miles using stairs. Prolonged periods in fast paced, dynamic environments.
Health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, holiday, personal days and sick leave, Costco membership, retirement.
Atlas Performing Arts Center is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled