Will be the primary customer contact for the bank which includes assisting customers, as well as Branch Associates with any customer related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls assisting customers who have questions or comments about their banking products or services.
2. This includes, but is not limited to Credit Card, Bill Pay, Online Banking, which includes resets of passwords, Online Account, Credit Card and Loan Opening Processes, Debit Card/ATM Card, Telephone Banking (IVR), Checking, Savings, CDs, Mortgage and Loan Products. To be knowledgeable with all related products.
3. Respond to customer questions or comments through emails and other avenues deemed appropriate.
4. Provide individualized customer service of high-standard professional level.
5. Build interest in and promote our products and services offered.
6. Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
7. Determine problems or issues in queries or complaints and proposing solutions.
8. Ability to work with a team, as well as independently.
9. Strong interpersonal skills a must, specifically verbal communication skills.
10. Ability to problem solve and handle diverse people.
11. Maintain composure under pressure.
12. Must have modest number of technical skills.
13. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook.
14. Must have professional attitude.
15. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
16. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• At least one to two years experience in customer service or call center industry.
• Banking experience is preferred.
• Bilingual speaking preferred, English and Spanish.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, and sit for extended periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled