The Director of Program will have operational responsibility for BGCGH programs and services. The position’s primary concern is to create a high-quality overall club experience for BGCGH members. The Director will lead and support program development and implementation; supervision of assigned staff; and budget management
Program Development and Implementation
Knowledge and experience in developing, implementing, assessing, and evaluating high-quality programs in a youth development setting.
- Establish Club program objectives consistent with organizational logic model, goals and mission.
- Develop meaningful measurements and targeted outcomes that provide opportunities for member achievement.
- Demonstrate leadership in analyzing and refining programs as needed to meet the needs of our members and the organizational goals.
- Manage Club program goals ensuring that Club staff understand and can also effectively communicate standards of the programs.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in the program areas/activities and develop methods for gathering constructive feedback to improve skills in program areas.
- Ensure the evaluation of priority programs on a continual basis.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for staff and volunteers.
Outcome-driven and focused planning with a results-oriented leadership.
- Assist in prioritizing programs for focus and implementation at all or specific Clubs.
- Manage program objectives for focus consistent with organizational logic model, goals and mission.
- Institute systematic approach that supports planning
Knowledge Management: Outcomes & Evaluations
Unwavering commitment to quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs
- Ensure the key project outcome and/or policy is evaluated and leverages for the maximum community and organizational impact
- Work collaboratively with the team to integrate cross-program activities and functions
- Utilize and institute rapid continuous cycle of improvement
This individual must work collaboratively with internal as well as external partners and other organizations including developing collaborative partnerships with school districts, schools, other youth development organizations, parents, families and community organizations.
The ideal candidate must be mission-driven and self-directed with a demonstrated passion for our organization and what it stands for while demonstrating a commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals. All candidates must demonstrate leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience and strong demonstrated success managing funder relationships.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent; or five to seven years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled