IT Systems Administrator
Director of Information Technology
This role supports the IT help desk, training, implementation of software’s and assisting the team members in a daily role. All software and hardware support for all ICONA related properties with direction from the Director of IT. An IT System Administrator is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of client computer systems, servers, and data security systems.. In most organizations, Administrators manage all servers, network equipment, and other related IT infrastructure.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- After hours on call for properties on a rotational basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2019, Office 365, and Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Must have working knowledge of networking in Windows and Unix networks..
- Must possess good typing skills.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects daily.
- •Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Walk- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel-
Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd
of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd
of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures
delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus
hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
20% travel is expected
Education and Experience
- High School or Equivalent education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Continuing education in the field of IT helpful.
- Must have at least two years experience in a similar office situation.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.