Are your communications and organization skills top-notch? Are you looking for a great workplace close to restaurants and shopping where the work you do makes a real difference in your community? And do you want a workplace that not only respects, but encourages, a healthy work-life balance? If so, the Washington County CDA would welcome your application to join us as a Senior Administrative Assistant at our office in Woodbury, MN, 55125. Learn more about our agency at washingtoncountycda.org.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be providing administrative and executive support to our Economic Development Director. You’ll be responsible for attending monthly board meetings, drafting the minutes, and maintaining the public records associated with the board’s work. You’ll also be responsible for managing contracts with service vendors, and helping our walk-in clients with answering routine questions and getting them to the right resources.
What we’re looking for…
The Washington County CDA is looking for a master multi-tasker with a can-do, customer-focused attitude. Those are must-haves. And ideally, you’ll also possess many (or all!) of the following traits:
- At minimum, an Associates/Technical degree with job-related coursework, and 1-3 years’ experience handling and processing legal documents or managing an office. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required. We care more that you can do a great job and are a great fit for our office.
- A strong communications/writing background. You’re comfortable with words, whether it’s writing an update for our website or putting together clear summaries of board meetings for the public record, and whether it’s communicating with clients in-person or working out details with vendors over the phone. Strong written and verbal skills are key.
- You are comfortable with Microsoft Office – especially Word and Powerpoint – and know how to use some of the more advanced functions (things like mail merge in Word, themes, and animations in Powerpoint).
- Not only are you an excellent problem-solver, but you are good at spotting potential problems and coming up with creative ways to address them in advance.
- You have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others – whether those others are co-workers or members of the public.
What We Can Offer You…
- An initial hiring range of $20.23 – $24.61 (hourly), with a current maximum rate of $28.53
- 11 paid holidays
- Four weeks of PTO each year, plus an opportunity to earn 12 additional hours each year through our employee wellness program
- Generous health and dental insurance offerings, starting at $5 per month for health and no cost for dental
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- An 11% employer contribution to your deferred compensation retirement account with no vesting requirements
- A friendly working environment with great colleagues who are committed to making a difference in the community
- A fantastic work location just off the interstate in Woodbury, close to shopping, restaurants, and great recreation opportunities in Washington County
- If you’re interested, apply sooner rather than later. We will begin reviewing resumes and inviting people for interviews one week after the job has been posted. We will review applications on a rolling basis after that. If you can still see this ad, we’re still accepting applications.
- If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll come out to our office in Woodbury for an interview and to perform a work-related, skills-based exercise. Some people have said the exercise was fun! Nobody has run out of the office screaming. It will take approximately 75 minutes in total.
- If you’re offered the job, congratulations! We’ll complete a background check and some other routine paperwork before you begin. We typically hope for new employees to start within one month of being offered the position.
Washington County CDA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled