Founded in 1965 as part of the War on Poverty, Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) is one of 1,000 community action agencies across the U.S. and 23 in Massachusetts created to address disparities throughout the nation.
Our values of advancing equitable access, elevating all voices, and partnering with people are embedded in the role we play as the federally designated anti-poverty agency for Central and South-Central Massachusetts. WCAC embodies service to the community through our Mission: Helping people move to economic self-sufficiency through programs, partnerships, and advocacy.
Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty one neighbor at a time. Through safety-net services and asset building solutions, WCAC creates economic mobility opportunities for tens of thousands of people annually through programs such as energy assistance, early education and care, financial empowerment, positive youth development, and career pathways.
WCAC is committed to being a responsible and inclusive partner through strong collaboration and a shared client perspective. We are committed to advocating for policies that create equitable access to education, health, social, and economic systems. We are committed to a workplace culture with a shared passion for our mission that promotes teamwork, respect, and the opportunity to make a difference.
WCAC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, 403(b) retirement plan with Agency contribution, flexible spending account, paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time.
We are seeking a qualified professional to provide administrative support to the Human Resources department and Executive Director. This is a part time position (30 hours per week) with potential for full time.
- High School Diploma or HiSET equivalent required.
- 1 to 2 years work experience within a Human Resources department preferred.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with sensitive, confidential information is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Human Resources Administrator by responding to employee inquiries regarding benefits, forms, and general miscellaneous information.
- Respond to external requests for information such as wage request and employment verification forms.
- Assist with the recruiting function by creating job postings and conducting phone screens with potential candidates, verifying employment references and scheduling interviews.
- Prepare materials for new hire orientations.
- Respond to unemployment claims and monitor the monthly unemployment bill.
- Photocopy and file employee documents in personnel file.
- Monitor and update employee bulletin boards to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Perform periodic audits of systems within human resources. Assist with document pull for annual agency audit, 403B audit, and any other monitoring visit by an oversight agency.
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Executive Director. Prepare for meetings and coordinate follow-up.
- Coordinate with senior team on Board agenda items and assemble Board packet.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings and perform the activities of the recording secretary. Complete meeting minutes for approval by the Board Clerk and for submission to DHCD within ten days of the meeting at which they are approved.
- Compile and distribute materials for board and sub-committee meetings.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to email@example.com or to the Human Resource Department, Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, #200, Worcester, MA 01608.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.