This position reports to the Chief Lending Officer and responsibilities include creating new banking relationships and maintaining existing banking relationships consisting of loan and deposit products.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications or deposit account needs and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Stay abreast of new types of loan and deposit products and other financial services to better meet customers' needs.
- Explain to customers the different types of deposits, loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Approves loan within specified limits.
- Refers loan to loan committee for approval.
- Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans.
- Negotiates payment arrangements with customers for delinquent loan balance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Leadership skills to direct a staff of up to 2 subordinates.
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their application. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems and customer satisfaction evaluation technique.
Resource Bank strives to be the “employer of choice” EEO\Minority\Female\Vets\Disabled