Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Assistant Executive Director at our Village of Southampton upscale senior living community.
The Assistant Executive Director, under direct supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for all areas of management within the community. Must be able, with minimal assistance, to plan, implement, direct and monitor effective Independent Living, and/or Assisted Living and Memory Care systems in accordance with the company’s philosophy, policies, resident rights, and state regulations. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes. Abides by and upholds company core values.
• In the absence of the Executive Director assumes responsibility for the functioning of the Community.
• Responsible for the general well-being and health of residents in the Community. Works in collaboration with all disciplinary team members to coordinate every aspect of resident care.
• Ensures the Community models the organization’s core values in a way that reflects the best image for the greater communities we serve.
• Addresses issues and/or concerns as requested by the Executive Director and ensures prompt resolutions for overall resident, family, employee, vendor and guest satisfaction.
• Assist Executive Director with community leadership development and training.
• Participates in the annual operating and capital expenditure budget preparation process.
• Reviews monthly financial statements and provides detail as requested.
• Monitors billing and receivables to assure accuracy and timeliness.
• Monitors labor metrics to assure budget compliance.
Sales and Marketing
• Participates in, and conducts, direct marketing in and around the community for residents, community services.
• Conducts tours and meets with prospective residents and their families as needed.
• Assists with the closing of the sales process and conducts lease signings.
• Confers with the sales team regarding resident move-ins, move-outs, and transfers.
• Assists with Community recruitment to assure the right personnel are in the right places to meet resident needs.
• Maintains continued education requirements for all staff (including self), as required by professional licensures and state regulations.
• Participates in hiring, training and managing staff. Ensures processes in place for onboarding all staff per company guidelines.
• Participates in annual and as needed performance reviews for managers and ensures managers complete timely reviews for community team members.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation.
• Assist with department leadership support and oversight as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Responsible for overall safety of residents and the community.
• Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
• Member of the community’s emergency response team.
• Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum two years’ experience in a leadership role in senior living or hospitality.
Training and Certifications:
Education and license in good standing by the state licensing authority.
RN license preferred.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
Must have leadership and team building skills, with the ability to motivate and hold others accountable.
Ability to read and interpret financial statements and manage a budget.
Working knowledge of computer programs including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, electronic health records, Yardi and payroll software a plus.
Important Qualities and Characteristics:
Must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Organizational and time management skills.
Must be flexible with changing priorities and able to communicate in a diplomatic and professional manner
Must be flexible in the hours, shifts and days available to work.
May require working nights, weekends and under emergency situations.
Excellent hospitality skills.
Must pass a background check and drug screen.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.