Tennis & Pickleball Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Recreation and Wellness or Recreation Manager
Salary: $17- $19/hour, commensurate with experience, this is an experienced professional position
Position Summary: The Tennis and Pickleball Supervisor is responsible for organizing, supervising, and leading the operation of tennis and pickleball activities at Lakeside Chautauqua. The position focuses on seasonal operation of the tennis and pickleball campus, supervising staff, coordinating activities, organizing lessons and classes, and assisting in the promotion and development of the tennis areas. The focus of overseeing different levels of growth and advancement in patrons is essential when planning activities and events.
About Lakeside Chautauqua: Lakeside Chautauqua is a family destination that has pioneered the act of nurturing mind, body and spirit for 150 years. Conveniently located between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore, Lakeside offers a robust summer programming season packed with cultural, educational, spiritual and recreational opportunities. Within the one-square-mile community, you’ll find hundreds of unique Victorian cottages, a concert auditorium, arts center, historic waterfront hotel, movie theater, pool, tennis, sailing, shopping, dining and much more. Join our team this year to help Lakeside celebrate its 150th Anniversary. For more information, visit lakesideohio.com/employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supports the mission of Lakeside Chautauqua and a culture of belonging at the Williams Tennis Campus and Hubbard Pickleball Centers
· Supervises all department staff, tennis and pickleball play, and coordinates staff schedule to support programs, lessons, and events.
· Serve as a lead tennis professional during summer season programming
· Oversees that all Lakeside Chautauqua, Departmental, and Facilities rules and regulations are adhered to
· Maintain courts and equipment in a professional manner and ensure a safe environment for all those who use the facility.
· Provide excellent customer service to ensure high quality experience, encourage repeat visitors and community participation in programs and events
· Carries out daily inspection of facilities and equipment to ensure they are clean, organized and in good working condition
· Communicates immediately any facility maintenance or equipment needs or work orders
· Effectively carries out Emergency Action Plan and skillfully responds to first aid situations
· Reviews and signs off on all incident reports and submits to HR within the same day
· Coordinates and ensures that all scheduling of lessons, programs, events, etc. is done accurately and efficiently
· Oversees daily operations, programs, special events, including lessons and clinics, and special groups programming
· Completes and maintains accurate participant information for all programs
· Files accurate financial records of all fees collected for classes and special events
· Manages cash drawer and reconcile daily and follows Lakeside daily deposit procedure.
· Communicates all weather and emergency related closures to Director of Recreation and Wellness
· Implements, develops, and with the assist of staff, delivers lessons and clinics for youth, adults and juniors to meet the needs of the community and maintain tennis and pickleball interests
· Monitors court time and usage during peak times to ensure availability to all visitors
· Ensures customer relations and satisfaction are of highest priority and works to resolve all customer related issues tactfully and effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Recreation and Wellness or Recreation Manager
· A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
· Proven experience working as a Tennis and/or Pickleball Coach or Instructor.
· Proficient in Microsoft office software
· CPR and First Aid certified
· The ability to motivate and lead staff and students
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills
How to Apply:
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Environment & Physical Demands:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the operation or residents and guests of the property.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems d deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, climb or balance. Specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus are required. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and material up to 50 pounds with assistance. Must be able to climb ladders. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, cold, humid, hot, very hot, conditions and will be required to work outdoors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.