HR Generalist - Four Points by Sheraton & Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport
Working for the Argus Hospitality Group, the HR Generalist is the location specialist for our Airport Properties and a supporting partner for the Director of Human Resources – Argus Hospitality Group, responsible for development and implementation of company-wide HR policies and procedures, recruitment, onboarding, health safety, training & development, performance management, administration and general employee relations.
Responsibilities and essential job function include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily administration of all employee related needs including new hire forms, benefits enrollment, employment letters, name tags etc.
- Employee communications, keeping associates informed and engaged via email and bulletin-board updates
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of company-wide HR policies, practices and programs.
- Proactively cultivate and maintain positive employee relations.
- Coordinate health and safety program. Develop and facilitate monthly JOHS meetings, and training as required by WorksafeBC legislation.
- Report WorkSafe claims in a timely manner, promote a safe return to work/stay at work program, minimizing lost time.
- Organization wide HR, Benefits and Payroll tracking, reporting and follow up as required
- Assist Centralized Payroll Accountant with payroll processes and procedures
- Maintain recruitment plan and schedule, recruitment checklist, connect with department heads on recruitment goals and targets. Supporting sister properties in the Argus Hospitality Group as required.
- Full Cycle Recruitment, attending recruitment events, build a talent pipeline through networking and university/college relationships
- Establish and maintain retention strategies
- Facilitate and develop engaging onboarding program of new hires and provide information about the hotel’s history, policies, procedures, keeping a positive employee experience in mind.
- Ensure all compliance related requirements are met, signed off and collected; new hire paperwork, tax forms, seasonal agreements, training, health & safety.
- Offer effective coaching for managers and employees, handling confidential information in employee relations matters.
- Determine and recommend employee relation practices necessary to establish a positive employer - employee relationship and promote a high level of collaboration
- Assist with coordinating special events and employee recognition activities in partnership with GMs.
- Assist in developing and administration of Employee Recognition program
- Source and organize leadership development resources, both Brand resources and general resources (training videos, training plans, best practices)
- Manage Employee Personnel files and HRIS
- Brand Ambassador (Hilton, Marriott and Argus Hospitality Group) - update and roll out any brand initiatives and training/ HR related topics and assist with development/ roll out of training with Management team
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of progressive HR experience, including recruitment, health and safety, administration and employee relations. Hospitality experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management or related discipline, or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and use good judgement.
- A positive, team focused attitude
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Able to develop trust and ability to exercise a high level of discretion with confidential information
- Organized, with the ability to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Strong administration and computer skills with enthusiasm for innovation
- Keen to learn about the business and how the HR function can support the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings on occasion as required by business needs.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.