Team Store Supervisor
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre and the Victoria Royals are currently looking for an experienced part-time Team Store Supervisor to join our team in Victoria.
A day in the life:
- Oversee and maintain daily operation of the Victoria Royals Team Store – both the retail location on site, as well as the online store
- Online store - processing online sales and shipping inventory, setting up promotions, coordinating with marketing on social media postings, keeping stock photos up to date.
- Onsite Store:
- Opening and closing of the team store
- Greet fans when they enter store/approach kiosk area; provide a friendly experience for fans and guests when buying Royals Merchandise
- Sell merchandise, process POS transactions (operate cash register/Square)
- Be an ambassador for the Victoria Royals and Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre
- Ensure the team store is clean and organized, stocking items, etc.
- o Ordering merchandise and supplies as needed (e.g. bags, shipping boxes etc.),
- o Inventory – daily reconciliation of items, and monthly inventory counts, including sending monthly inventory counts and updates to Accounting
- o Assisting in annual budgeting for Team Store
- Working closely with Victoria Royals Hockey Ops, Sales & Marketing teams on creating a plan around: Game Worn Jerseys, Royals’ Training Camp and the beginning of the WHL Season, Annual Sale, promotions, donations for charities and fundraisers
- Providing relief coverage for Reception
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- The team store is usually open on evenings and weekends – availability during these times will be a must
Ideally you are:
- An excellent communicator with the ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Capable of multi-tasking in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Excellent when it comes to clerical skills, including the ability to accurately input data using word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A positive person with the ability to work cooperatively within diverse departments, work groups, and businesses to achieve overall organizational goals
You own this if you have:
- 2+ years of previous retail & point of sale experience
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Employee Discount Program, front-of-the link access to shows, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Awesome co-workers!
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position