The Houseman performs a variety of duties in order to maintain a high cleanliness standard for all resort rental units and to provide exceptional customer service for guests.
This is a seasonal position scheduled to work 40 hours per week for a six-month period. Qualified candidates must be available to work 9am-5pm on weekdays, every weekend and holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs routine cleaning and inspection rounds of all amenities and public areas.
- Performs necessary “touch-up” painting; light maintenance duties including replacement of light bulbs, air filters, and receptacles; programming remotes/TV; unclogging toilets; etc.
- Inspects units prior to guests arrival to ensure everything is in working order.
- Performs quarterly maintenance checks on all units and reports all issues to the maintenance department for repairs.
- Assists the housekeeping staff by delivering linen and supplies as needed.
- Night laundry duties include sorting linen deliveries and batching sheet sets.
- Prepare monthly inventories with QAC linen.
- Assists with cleaning rental unit vans and gassing vans for daily use.
- Responsible for hot tub maintenance on rental units.
- Cleans guest rooms and stocks with appropriate supplies.
- Picks up and removes trash; changes linen and makes bed(s); cleans entire bathroom; sweeps and dusts each unit; cleans the windows, balconies, and porches.
- Retrieves, stocks, and stores the supplies according to current procedures.
- Responds to requests from guests and reports guest concerns in a timely and hospitable manner.
- Check amenities buildings (i.e., restaurants, pro shops, recreation, and public areas) to ensure that they meet cleanliness standards and are properly stocked.
Other Job Duties:
- Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Some basic maintenance experience required such as painting, carpet shampooing, programming a universal remote, changing a light bulb, resetting a tripped breaker, unclogging toilets, etc.
- Aquatic Facilities Technician license preferred.
- Demonstrates teamwork and customer service focus.
- Maintains high energy level and positive demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; walk; kneel; climb; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 50lbs. Must be able to withstand working in a variety of weather conditions including sunlight and a hot/humid summer climate. Must be able to use and work from a ladder in the performance of daily tasks.
Experience & Education:
Six months prior housekeeping experience and high school diploma / GED preferred.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled