The National WWII Museum seeks a Development Coordinator to support regional Directors of Development in achieving The National WWII Museum’s fundraising objectives in closing out the Museum’s $400 million capital expansion and underwriting the $35 million annual budget. The Development Coordinator advances relationships with Museum donors and prospects through recognition and stewardship efforts, cultivation events, Museum tours, and the planning and coordination of other special donor experiences and initiatives. Under the supervision of the AVP of Advancement Services, the Development Coordinator is responsible for retaining a deep understanding of the Museum’s fundraising goals, donor base, and current status of donors in the donor cultivation cycle.
- Writes donor acknowledgement letters, consulting both the donor records and gift officers to deliver timely, accurate, and personalized acknowledgement letters to receipt and thank donors.
- Coordinates the production of high-quality donor materials including proposals, annual reports and stewardship reports and collaborates in researching, proofreading and printing as requested.
- Manages acknowledgement process of Honor/Memorial Gifts.
- Serves as primary contact for coordinating and scheduling onsite Museum VIP Tours for the IA Department, Patriots Circle, and President’s Office.
- Manages logistics and details for on-site and off-site donor cultivation events and meetings including invitations, RSVPs, meeting room reservations, coordination of AV and presentation materials, arranging hospitality, and coordinating appropriate follow-up.
- Completes other complex clerical and administrative tasks requiring initiative, independent judgment, and confidentiality as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of two years administrative experience.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required. Raiser’s Edge or relational database experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Willingness to work irregular hours during special events, evenings, weekends, holidays, special events or during periods of heavy visitation or when required by project deadlines.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.