We are seeking an energetic self-motivated, committed and Professional Server that is passionate about providing a positive guest experience at the Rocca Bar Ristorante, located within the Robert E. Lee Hotel in Lexington, Virginia.
Robert E. Lee Hotel
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
This position is responsible for providing food and beverage services to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all guests.
- Greets guests upon arrival; assists with seating as needed
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation at all times; performs closing clean-up duties
- Opens/presents/pours wines and champagnes in a professional manner as needed
- Handles purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales
- Accurately writes tickets for food and beverage items; turns tickets into kitchen/bar in a timely manner; coordinates with kitchen staff to clarify any special requests
- Resolves guest/member problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
About the Company:
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped downtown spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, restaurants, and value-added services and community relationships. Up to Par offers unique guests and associates experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. Join the Up to Par Team as we continue to deliver on our core purpose, to Positively Impact Others.
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.