Vice President, Virtual Care
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health, formerly known as Addiction Campuses, is a leading provider of SUD treatment and recovery services via various effective and innovative addiction treatment programs from industry-leading professionals who help build a comprehensive life in recovery beyond the standard 30-day plan. With four unique residential treatment centers and a virtual care platform serving patients across the country, Vertava Health creates successful programs tailored to an individual’s struggle with substance abuse and mental health.
The Vice President of Virtual Care is responsible for proactively leading the growth and quality of the Virtual Care services at Vertava Health. He/she manages all clinical, technical, business and regulatory activities of the Virtual Care offering. The Vice President is responsible for developing and implementing new areas of clinical utilization for Virtual activities and developing business plans for new Virtual Care opportunities. This Vice President will be responsible for updating and implementing the Virtual Care strategy, identifying resource requirements, key deliverables and performance management metrics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, oversees, and facilities all clinical, technical, business and regulatory activities of the Virtual Care program
- Leads the development of ongoing services and expansion of Virtual Care services
- Develops and manages project plans: including key deliverables and resource requirements
- Makes recommendations to management for alternative methods to enhance profitable volume, improve costs efficiencies, and reassess the program’s strategic direction, productivity, improved process performance and capital utilization
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures that ensure compliance and mitigate risk
- Participate in decision-making activities with executive management, internal and external stakeholders
Education, Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in healthcare operations, program management or relevant Telemedicine support services required
- Bachelor’s degree in a Clinical area, Business or Information Systems from an accredited college or university required; Master’s is preferred
- Knowledge and use of Telemedicine services across the continuum of care
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management
- Ability to communicate across diverse constituents; medical staff, office staff, technology specialists, etc.
- Is familiar with Telemedicine equipment, specialized clinical equipment and accessories and is able to train virtual Clinicians in their proper operation in order to facilitate successful clinical consultations.
- Works with other Virtual Care programs to evaluate effective methods of clinical consultation and performance evaluation as an effective ambassador for Virtual Care within and outside the Vertava Health network
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled