ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
The EP Certification team is responsible for reviewing and approving applications for EP Certification, Board and Committee management, program improvement initiatives and member community management/building. As a key member of the team, the Certification Assistant - Summer Student will be responsible for key administrative duties involved in the EP Certification program and providing first class customer service to ECO Canada’s certified/prospective members and post-secondary students.
While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
The Certification Assistant – Summer Student will assist the EP Certification Team with the accomplishment of a variety of tasks and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Administration and Application Process Management:
- Using a customer relationship management system, this position will evaluate eligibility and assist in processing applications for certification and prepare new member packages for distribution.
- Member Management and Engagement:
- Ensuring members adhere to the maintenance requirements of their designation(s). This includes reviewing professional practice/professional development requirements and following up where required
- Junior Professional/Student Support:
- This position will be responsible for assisting with outreach aimed at post-secondary students to engage them with the benefits of student membership and professional certification.
Qualifications and Education
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related discipline
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong emphasis on written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as general computer skills including file management and data entry
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to connect with people in working in all areas of the environmental sector
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities
- Exceptional time-management, organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
- Fluency in French will be considered an asset
This is a temporary 7-week contract position, funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2021. If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.