GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform various duties involved with the credit analysis function on mid-level sized relationships, based upon complexity, as assigned. Develop information for use by the Relationship Managers, Loan Committee, and Board Loan Committee for the purpose of making decisions on new and existing loans. These duties include, but are not limited to:
a. Collect and analyze credit information from all available sources, including: in-house, other financial institutions, various agencies, etc.
b. Analyze financial statements and all related material, in part, through use of spreading software.
c. Attend and participate in customer calls with the Relationship Managers, including the documenting of calls, as requested.
d. Development and preparation of credit presentations to document credit files and provide the Relationship Managers and/or QNB Loan Committee and Board Loan Committee with the information necessary to make informed credit decisions.
2. Monitor the maintenance and updating of credit files.
3. Monitor progress logs for all scheduled annual reviews and ensures completion of such reviews within the set time parameters.
4. Review the Biweekly Loan Report for accuracy.
5. Assist in developing new procedures and programming to enhance automation and efficiency.
6. Assume management of departmental workflow in the absence of the Senior Credit Officer or Assistant Credit Manager.
7. Serve as back-up for Commercial Credit Assistants.
8. Handle routine correspondence with customers.
9. Complete assigned compliance training in a timely manner and demonstrate the ability to apply the training to their duties and responsibilities.
10. Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration specializing in finance, accounting or economics.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of banking experience or 3 years of credit analysis experience.
- Advanced knowledge of financial statements.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with colleagues, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within the established time frame.
- Interpersonal skills to represent QNB in a positive manner when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in various computer applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.