Restaurant is actively seeking an efficient, knowledgeable, and
hard-working Mesquite Line Cook to join our team.
grill cook position offers flexible work schedule at $10-$15/hour and
a variety of unique benefits including, health care, a
401(k) plan, Thanksgiving and Christmas day off, a formal training program, an
anniversary & achievement recognition program, and a dining discount.
Please note eligibility requirements have to be met on some benefits offered. If
you're interested in working as a grill cook and we have your attention, read
the truth, here at Tumbleweed, we only offer the most authentic Tex Mex
cuisine. From the rich, smoky taste of our steaks, baby back ribs, chicken,
seafood, and burgers to the zing of our original-recipe burritos, chimichangas,
fajitas, enchiladas, and quesadillas, there's surely something to please every
appetite. And we'll let you in our true secret to authentic food, using fresh
ingredients and a real Mesquite fire.
traditional meals into delicious encounters is something our team does each
day. We truly value our employees and strive to create a collaborative
environment within the restaurant, where we can be creative and innovative. If
you want to escape to a festive place that celebrates the irresistible
flavors of the original American cuisine that is Tex Mex, come join our
- Maintain the mesquite fire at proper
levels to ensure proper cooking surface on the grill
- Complete HACCP accurately and notify a manager
when items are not correct
- Prepare product tags and stock items for
designated work area
- Prepare food to specifications
- Work to ensure a steady, sufficient flow of
products that reach expo so that there is no break in production
- Monitor the preparation of food to meet Tumbleweed
- Perform the work necessary to open and close
the kitchen efficiently
- Monitor the flow of supplies to the line to
ensure no delays in production
- Maintain tumbleweed standards of personal cleanliness and hygiene
- Know all the menu items, ingredients and
- Keep the work area clean, clear and organized
- Follow the rules of rotation, cleanliness,
storage and use of food
- Adhere to Tumbleweed’s safety and sanitation guidelines
- Clean and maintain equipment for designated
all side work as required
other duties as assigned
and outgoing disposition
to analyze and solve simple, reoccurring problems
and caring attitude toward job responsibilities
value on helpfulness and teamwork
to handle multiple tasks in highly distracting circumstances
- Personal pride in appearance and work performed
- Shows a real, personal concern for quality
- Ability to follow direction, recipes and guidelines
- A strong concern for organization and cleanliness
- Reliable transportation required
physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to: talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to: stand, walk, sit; use
hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel.
Ability to stand up to 10 hours a day.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close
Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender
identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national
origin or any other legally protected status. We encourage and welcome all
applicants to apply.