This position assists Law Enforcement staff in the support of the encroachment program and the inspection of the forest preserve boundaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preserve inspections including boundaries, water controls, special facilities and amenities
- Lead or assist alongside Law Enforcement staff with the encroachment program
- Be able to interact with the public in a professional manner
- Take direction/to receive working guidance from the Law Enforcement staff
- Provide information to the public regarding the preserves, encroachment rules and regulations, and Law Enforcement operations
- Keep neat and accurate records including reports, photographs, documents, etc.
- Operate motor vehicles, computers, and small hand-held tools
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment.
Hours: March - October, (duration may vary); 20 - 30 hours per week, (shift lengths may vary).
Related Experience: Good written and oral communication skills and well organized; Meet assigned deadlines with minimal supervision; Have a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Special training or other licenses, certification, etc.: Must have a valid Driver's License.
Skills in: Dealing effectively with the public; expressing oneself clearly and concisely; sound decision making; prioritization of tasks; time management; interpreting rules and regulations; keeping neat and accurate records; knowledge of District preserves, rules, policies, and safety procedures; operation of hand-held tools, computers, and motor vehicles.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver's License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled