The Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for managing the housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space, and team member areas are clean and well maintained. He/she will inspect areas of responsibilities and follow up with a plan for improving results. Furthermore, this role directs and works with the team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations, striving to continually improve guest and team member satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. The ideal candidate for this role would be highly detail oriented and meticulous with a strong ability to connect and engage with team members and guests alike.
• Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates team members on details as appropriate.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures all team members have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Supervises daily housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room hosts (room attendants) and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with crew members and ensures crew members do the same with them.
• Schedule team members to business demands and tracks crew member time and attendance.
• Ensures team members understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures team member recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits team member feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews crew member satisfaction results to identify and address crew member problems or concerns.
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• High school degree (or equivalency) with Hotel/College training preferred
• A minimum of 3 years housekeeping director experience in a full service hotel
• A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting and scheduling.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to train and develop team members.
• Experience working in a labor organized environment preferred
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by team members and guests.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary. Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• High energy and outgoing personality
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, event management software and customer management platform
• Excellent time management
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• An aptitude for self-motivation
• A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
• A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
• Competitive Salary
• Bonus Plan
• 401(k) Plan
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Growth Potential
About TWA Hotel
The TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City is owned and operated by MCR, the sixth-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, and The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan. The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com.
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.