Under the supervision of the Vice President of Program Services & Club Operations, provide regular clerical and administrative support, manage overall programmatic and operational recording and tracking of major reports, assist in creating a data and impact-driven culture, with primary concern for data management processes, guidelines, implementation, reporting and record-keeping; communication with appropriate administrative and Club staff,; and training and administration on relevant data tracking systems
- Performs regular administrative clerical duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by the supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Maintains Program and Operations calendar, scheduling meetings and making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare the meeting agenda and minutes, as requested.
- Creates and publishes weekly Program & Club Operations newsletter.
- Maintains a master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
- Serve as contact for special projects as assigned
- Perform other related specialized administrative clerical duties as requested.
Assessment and Data
- Maintain ongoing communication with appropriate management and staff regarding the interpretation of outcome measurement tools and grant reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Support data-driven culture by providing training and support to staff on the use of data for high-level impact,
- Ensure Club staff understands (a) grant implementation; (b) recording of outcome measurement data; and (c) reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Evaluate (a) grant implementation; (b) recording of outcome measurement tools; and (c) reporting deadlines and requirements by Club staff.
- Ensure Club staff is progressively trained to utilize all components of COMET and other data management systems.
- Evaluate Club COMET and/or other data management implementation processes.
- Oversee the proper collection of reporting data for inclusion in grant compliance documentation
- Develop a training program and schedule related to data management and grant administration for staff
- Coordinate and submit BGCA, United Way, and other requested annual report with input from other administrative departments.
- Establish, implement and maintain an electronic or hard copy filing systems for grant records.
- Analyze data gathered and used for reporting to identify trends and gaps impacting program quality
- Maintain an electronic or hard copy of all data files pertaining to grants and other relevant issues.
- Manage, monitor and ensure proper use of COMET to accurately record visitor, member, staff and volunteer activity in Clubs.
- Ensure COMET is maintained and updated as needed.
- Submit edited interim and final grant reports by prescribed deadlines.
- Submit additional reports including demographics and program impact upon request by Vice President of Program Services and Development Department.
- Support Vice President of Program Services & Club Operations in the management of partner contacts and relationships.
- Work with granting agencies to clarify policies, procedures, and interpretation of grant requirements as needed.
- Continue ongoing communication with appropriate agency management and staff regarding grant activity and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate purchase of supplies or equipment.
- Work with staff on special events
- Assume other duties related to Programs & Operations as needed or assigned by Vice President, Program Services & Club Operations
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain the organizational mission, program objectives, and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information pertaining to special projects, grants, and COMET. Maintain close contact with Vice President of Program Services, and the entire Programs & club Operations team, as well as the Development and Finance departments.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems, meet grant guidelines and publicize the Club.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, or Associate's degree and three years related experience and/or training for a combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to interpret Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston programs and philosophy.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Absorb new information rapidly
- Multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Highly organized with and attention to detail
- Work harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
- Objectively evaluate, make effective decisions and develop alternative solutions.
- Valid Texas driver’s license
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and the level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled