The Technical Project
Manager (TPM) reports to the Director, PMO and manages an individual pod
of assigned resources. The TPM owns a portfolio of projects assigned to
their pod and is the ultimate driver of project success.
Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on-budget by mitigating roadblocks and not allowing the project to be stalled
fearlessly with stakeholders, internal and external, to drive customer
success and achievement of client business objectives.
two-way accountability in project execution; ensures resources manage
their assigned tasks effectively while ensuring that the customer
fulfills requirements placed on them in the Statement of Work.
and evaluates project risks and develop strategies how to
avoid/mitigate the risk or minimize the impact on the overall project,
including ensuring leadership is engaged to help manage clients as much
as necessary but as little as possible.
- Documents project
progress, client interactions, and key decisions made to ensure there is
an ongoing project and client history available.
- Effectively facilities meetings, ensuring communication flows smoothly and objectives are consistently met.
business process and functional requirements gathering sessions,
ensuring a clear understanding of the customer’s needs are defined
- Install applications, using automated installation scripts and making adjustments as needed, in a variety of IT environments
administrator users in the overall application, configuration and
reporting tools enabling them to independently implement configuration
changes as their needs continue to evolve.
- Assist with functional and integration testing and related documentation
projects to traditional measures such as profitability, and their
assigned resources to billable and productive utilization.
- Fosters a personal brand as a trusted advisor to customers and establishes client relationships that long term viable.
and maintains awareness of critical developments for the domains and
industries within which SmartLinx Solutions operates.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Lead projects and manage multiple tasks involved in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to direct, manage and motivate project team.
- Build and sustain effective communication with other roles/functional areas involved in the project.
time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, often
with time and resource constraints while providing adequate attention
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience,
flexibility, consideration, discretion, tact, confidence and
effectiveness in dealing with people.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and logic coupled with experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience writing basic T-SQL, creating efficient queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with SSRS a plus.
in MS office applications. Ability to efficiently manipulate data using
Excel both for internal usability and external presentation is a must
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Information Technology, or Project Management.
years of experience in the following: Defining projects, collecting
requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications,
coordinating efforts to scope / schedule / deploy new features sets
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management
- 4+ years of technical program management experience
- Extensive experience with software deployments and knowledge of SDLC including software delivery, training and customer support
- Experience managing resource utilization, revenue, and project profitability.
- Extensive relational database knowledge in MS SQL or MySQL strongly preferred.
- Experience in workforce management, payroll and HR software a plus.
- Experience in Agile project management a plus.
- Experience with Human Resources, Time & Attendance and Scheduling or similar software systems application is preferred.
- Project management certification (PMP) is preferred