Seasonal Festival Beverage Server
Reports To: Beverage Supervisors/Events and Operations Managers
Provide exceptional customer service to festival patrons. Serve alcoholic beverages from mobile carts to patrons at Musikfest and other festivals at various locations throughout the different venues.
- Serve patrons in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Verify the patron’s ID in order to serve them, making sure they are of legal drinking age
- Use good judgment when a patron has had too much alcohol and be willing to stop service to that individual.
- Maintain beverage supplies on the cart.
- Maintain a clean work and service area.
- With the assistance of the Beverage Supervisors, order beverages/supplies as needed.
Cash Registers/Credit Cards
- Cash register operation and cash handling; ringing up sales through a cash register, giving the patron a receipt and counting out change
- Credit card processing; entering customer’s information into a credit card processing machine, giving the patron a receipt, keeping a receipt for our records
- Climb and descend party deck steps safely before and during performances
- Take beverage orders and collect payment from patrons
- Visit bar or beverage supply areas to fulfill orders
- Deliver beverage orders to patrons in the party decks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be friendly, personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without assistance from others.
- Previous cash register and cash handling experience a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs repetitively, often carrying beverage orders.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions.
Dates/Hours of Operation: Must be available to work between the hours of11 AM until 11:30 PM all days of the festival, August 2nd through the 11th, 2019.
- Fest training dates between July 16th and July 29th, 2019.
- Musikfest - August 2nd – 11th, 2019.
- Shifts are typically 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and 5 – 11:30 p.m.
- Tear down the week of August 12th through the 16th
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled