JOB SUMMARY: The Part-time Event Coordinator is the primary point of contact for internal and external event clients with Arrowhead Events. This role assists with coordinating all aspects of the day-of execution of the event to ensure flawless operation of assigned events at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Assist in securing and executed internal events.
- Administrative duties as assigned to include updating accounts, internal requests, event documentation, cost analysis, and research.
- Day-of contact for event clients at Arrowhead Stadium as assigned.
- Plan, service and supervise all types and sizes of events
- Meet with clients prior to events and assist in determining event needs; concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for licensed areas.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements and coordinate support staffing including conversions, engineering, housekeeping, security, audio/visual, telecommunications, and event staff personnel.
- Prepare diagrams, instructions, set-up requirements and supporting documentation for each event and distribute to appropriate staff; communicate changes before and during events.
- Prepares cost estimates and ensures all costs are paid before the event takes place.
- Inspect facilities and leased areas to ensure they are being maintained properly for events and ensure compliance with applicable fire, building and safety codes.
- Assist Sales Department in preparation of written cost estimates and site tours.
- Attention to detail- ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Decision Making- Must be able to make immediate decisions based on the best interests of the organization, staff, and guests. Decisions are generally related to essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Long periods of standing and walking
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting.
- Provide superior customer service in all situations including potentially high stress situations.
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business management, marketing or related field.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Ability to work days or nights, weekends and holidays on a consistent basis.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation and Internet software.
- Knowledge of A/V equipment and electronic systems.
- Knowledge of Auto Cad and Ungerboeck event management software preferred.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- 2-4 years of experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business management, marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of Public Assembly facility management.
- Proven ability to identify the needs of users of the facility.
- Demonstrated familiarity with facility use contracts.
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE