Full Time Front Desk Coordinator
Front Desk Coordinator
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Office Specialist
Direct Reports: Front Desk Assistants
Responsible for assisting in the supervision, scheduling, and training of the Front Desk Assistants for the Banana Factory and Visitor Center. Interact with customers by phone or electronically regarding ArtsQuest events. Responsible for assisting with inventory of office supplies. Responsible for assisting in the sorting and distribution of incoming deliveries. Assuming various duties of Office Specialist when needed.
Front Desk Supervision:
- Assist in the selection, scheduling, and coordination of training of front desk staff for Banana Factory and Visitor Center.
- Welcome all visitors to our facilities; deliver exceptional customer service over the phone and in person to internal and external customers, providing additional support during festivals and events either on the phone or in person.
- Provide information about ArtsQuest, its programs and our buildings.
- Answer multi-line phones, forwarding calls and taking messages when necessary.
- Use of computer to send and receive information, assist patrons, and answer questions, as well as to process ticket orders, class registrations and memberships via phone or in person; includes entering orders, discounts, and refunds, as well as printing class rosters, daily schedules, process payments for art sales, tickets, and gift cards when necessary.
- Receive deliveries for all building tenants and coordinating pick-up in a timely manner.
- Understand the opening and closing procedures of the building including security system, burglar alarm, fire alarm and sprinkler system.
- Work with Front Desk Leads to create manuals for the front desk staff for daily activities and festivals.
- Retail sales using Square POS - for credit card and cash sales.
- Process payments for art sales, tickets, gift cards, etc.
- Monitor cash drawer daily.
- Maintain supplies and organization of front desk areas.
- Monitor facility key use and sign in sheet.
- Keep brochure racks and printed materials up to date.
Administrative Support: Assists Office Specialist in the following areas as needed:
- Open, sort and distribute mail, maintaining confidentiality regarding employees, vendors, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is safeguarded.
- Assist with record keeping for festivals and events.
- Assist with updating and filing of vendor insurance documents
- Assist in upkeep of office equipment such as postage meter and copier/printer.
- Inventory office supplies.
- Assist coordination of room reservations for internal staff and refer to the appropriate department for external patrons’ requests.
- Assist in set up and maintenance of mailboxes at Banana Factory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- At least two (2) years of general office coordination and supervisory experience.
- Previous customer service experience: experience with multi-line phones preferred.
- Flexible, “think on your feet” attitude; ability to take ownership of the position, areas of responsibility and work independently.
- Knowledge and exposure to ArtsQuest programs preferred.
- Computer/web competency including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience with Raiser’s Edge, and Square helpful; ability to learn new computer programs, including ticketing, scheduling and database software.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, talk, hear, see and lift to 20 pounds occasionally with or without assistance.
- Ability to work during the varying hours of operation of our facilities which range from 8 AM to 10 PM daily required, as well as weekends when necessary.
- Normal working environment is indoors, however, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events is required.
- A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required to enable the ability to travel between our facilities as needed, all of which are within about a mile of one another.
Note: As job descriptions cannot possibly list all types of activities that one may encounter in a position, the person holding the position may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties as assigned by his/her supervisor when necessary.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.