Fortress Deck and Fortress Framing, subsidiaries of Fortress Building Products, is seeking a Territory Sales Manager (TSM) for the Rocky Mountain area. Specific coverage includes the states of CO, Northern NM, UT, and Southern WY. This individual must be highly motivated, have high energy, and have an entrepreneurial spirit to sell, train, and manage, distribution, dealers, contractors, builders, and homeowners.
Core Value & Culture Fit
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing
- 3+ year's successful experience in building product sales with a proven track record of exceeding expectations.
- Successful business experience in 2-step distribution calling on all members within the channel.
- Outstanding communication skills and presence.
- Reliable automobile and cell phone.
- Approximately 30-50% overnight travel required.
- Maintain a high energy/high caliber working knowledge of our product lines
- Train, motivate and coach distribution, dealers, and end users (i.e. GC’s, architects, builders, homeowners).
- Ensure distribution and dealer sales staff are equipped and driven to fulfill customer’s present and future needs.
- Develop and implement a business plan to be worked in conjunction with the distribution
- Develop territory, market penetration, and sales execution strategies to consistently attain and exceed sales objectives
- Direct sales focus to identify and uncover opportunities.
- Understand the market, the customer and the competition.
- identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Foster an environment of open communication.
- Create a strategy to grow the territory by building long-term customer relationships within the market channel.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, both on and off the job. Look and act professionally… This includes, but is not limited to, personal grooming, vehicle appearance, and point of sales materials.
- Make at least 5 phone calls per day. This includes lead follow up as well as making creative prospecting calls with new dealers and/or contractors and/or proactive calls to existing dealers and contractors.
- Must have 4-5 appointments scheduled for each day, preferably with dealers and contractors with coordination of regional distributor.
- Present sales proposals in a professional manner.
- Must meet or exceed sales and budget goals on a monthly basis.
- Passionately sell all Fortress Deck and Fortress Frame products.
- Review, understand and comply with all general sales and company policies.
- Complete and submit a Weekly Sales Activity Report.
- Respond to all leads immediately and, where possible, handle the same day received.
- Be on time. When you make an appointment or promise, keep it. Be dependable.
- Respond to our customer issues with urgency and to the complete satisfaction of the customer. Inform team members of any unusual problems or requests made by customers.
- Always respect our customer’s premises and furnishings. Leave them in the same condition or better than you found them when you arrived.
- Attend all sales and technical training meetings, as required.
- Stay abreast of all regulations involving our industry and use of safety equipment and procedures. Perform job functions consistent with regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of all technical data pertaining to industry products, material, and equipment.
- Build trusting and lasting relationships with customers. Always say and do what is right!
- Keep abreast and communicate market conditions including but not limited to new products, pricing, dealer changes, and contractor news.
- Maintain your vehicle in a safe, clean and proper operating condition.
- Safeguard all company property, equipment and materials. Use and maintain all personal safety equipment, as required.
- Participate in all contractor events hosted by dealers. Coordinate these events with regional distributors.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Estimating Department in the completion of Evolution Steel Deck Framing take-offs (bill of materials) to ensure timely completion upon receiving complete information from the take-off request form.
- SELL QUALIFIED BUSINESS
- Respond to all sales leads immediately.
- Make additional sales calls adjacent and around existing customers.
- Identify and address all of the customer’s needs.
- Prepare and present proposals for all necessary services.
- HONOR YOUR COMMITMENTS
- When you make an appointment or promise, keep it! Be dependable.
- NEVER STOP LEARNING
- Take advantage of all opportunities to increase your technical and professional education with regard to your position, your industry and your personal self-development.
- ESTABLISH TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS
- Always say and do what’s right. Remember, at all times, YOU are the Company!
- Maintain ongoing communication with customers.
- Competitive salary DOE
- Competitive benefits package
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled