General Manager at The Great Dane BrewPub
WHO WE ARE:
The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company was established by college friends Eliot Butler and Rob LoBreglio. The two dreamed of starting a Brewpub that offered many varieties of house-brewed ales and lagers and hearty made-from-scratch pub fare to accompany the beers. The original Downtown location opened in November 1994 and expanded with the addition of a pool hall in 1996. The wild success of the first Great Dane led to the decision to open more pubs in the Madison area.
The Fitchburg Great Dane began operations in 2002 and the Hilldale pub followed in 2006. In 2009, the Hilldale pub expanded its brewery and opened a 4,000 square foot pool hall. Additionally, in May of 2009, the first Great Dane outside of the Madison area debuted in Wausau, Wisconsin. The Wausau Great Dane added a 100 seat beer garden and outdoor bar in the spring of 2011. In November 2010, the fifth Great Dane began operations in Grandview commons, off of Cottage Grove Road on Madison’s east side.
Madison's original craft brewpub, the Great Dane serves craft beer and eats in a fun, casual environment. With the support of our amazing staff, guests, and community the team at the Dane strives to be Madison's Best Friend.
This position is being recruited by Clock’d on behalf of The Great Dane.
JOB ROLE & DUTIES:
As the General Manager, it is your duty to understand and manage all of the inner workings of the The Great Dane. You will work closely with a team of managers, both FOH & BOH, to ensure everything runs smoothly and that you’re providing the best experience to the customers.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of nearly 100 people.
- Proper Hiring, training, and treatment of all FOH staff of the Great Dane
- Each day has the proper staffing for successful shift operations.
- All Daily Administrative tasks are performed to satisfaction and communicated to Tori, our accountant.
- Money and Credit Cards are secured in our accounts.
- Location mechanicals and furnishings are in working order or repair.
- Communication of all pertinent information in and out of your location to fellow management, staff, and Administration of the Great Dane
- FOH specific ordering, inventory, and cost control duties.
- Manage in partnership, and with oversight of the Kitchen Manager to ensure all BOH operations are performed up to Great Dane standards.
- Understanding of monthly budgetary goals, monthly financials, and the ability to adjust operations to achieve said goals.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about hospitality and building a team that works together. You understand the importance of knowing the numbers behind the business, as well as providing stellar customer service on the floor. You work to empower your employees and are constantly driven to learn. You are not afraid to jump in wherever is necessary, whether that’s to pour a pint, bus a table, or create the schedule. You have several years of FOH managerial experience and love building processes that exist long after you leave.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ Years of Hospitality Management or supervisor experience
- ServSafe® Manager Certification a plus but not required
- Strong professional communication and computer skills for ordering systems, company emails, and excel programs.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Toast or ability to quickly learn new POS systems
- $50k-$60k salary after probationary period
- Health insurance and dental after a probationary period
- 1 week of vacation after 6 months of employment from your effective start date. During years 1-4 you will earn two weeks of vacation, and after 5 years you will earn 3 weeks of vacation time per year.
- Salaried Manager Discount
- You will get free food and beer at your location and free food and beer for 1 visit per month at any other Great Dane location.
The Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The Great Dane is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Great Dane are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, age, creed, disabilities, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Great Dane will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy governs all areas of employment at The Great Dane, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignments, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and termination.
We follow all CDC guidelines and PHMDC orders are enforced at The Great Dane for both guests and team members.
All offers of employment at The Great Dane are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and on all employees who are promoted, as deemed necessary and will be considered only as it may relate to the job you are seeking
This Job Description is subject to change at any time.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position