Has overall responsibility for a segment of the company's credit approval, administration, and review activities to ensure that proposed loans adhere to existing policy guidelines, that documentation is adequate to ensure security of collateral, and that ongoing administration and review is adequate to maintain the loan portfolio's quality and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directing the examination of loan documentation before granting the loan or loan commitment (typically commercial and/or mortgage) to ensure its adequacy and completeness.
- Directing the work of subordinates in the approval of such loans, ensuring that the credits adhere to existing credit policy guidelines and that applicants are deemed credit-worthy.
- Personally and in participation with others, approving or rejecting the most complex or sizable loans or loan commitments, where difficult questions of policy or credit risk may be involved.
- Establishing, implementing, and managing administrative and review systems and procedures to protect the quality and profitability of the loan portfolio.
- Identifying potential problem credits and working with loan workout specialists to restructure the credit and/or minimize losses.
- Providing for the training, development, and coordination efforts of loan development representatives and credit analysts.
- Advising credit and loan personnel on the company's overall lending policy, noting significant trends and recommending policy changes if necessary.
- Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
The Chief Credit Officer provides advice and counsel to the Chief Lending Officer (CLO) and Loan Committees of the Bank in all matters relating to company Lending policy. The CCO is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of credit policy within the organization. This position directly and indirectly supervises employees within the Credit Management Division.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Economics
· Eight to ten years of credit review/approval experience
· In-depth knowledge and skills required in credit and loan administration, servicing and collateral valuation
· Experience in Asset Recovery and loan work-outs preferred
· Experience in Loan risk rating and portfolio monitoring
· Superior written and oral communications
· In-depth knowledge of banking laws and regulations with an emphasis on credit administration
· In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, loan structuring, and problem credit resolution
· Ability to organize projects, priorities and time management
· Critical level of attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Computer literacy, specifically with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and data entry abilities
· Market Monitoring abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled