- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains supervisory and management staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees and in accordance with company policy.
President/CEO DBMC Restaurants
The Director of Marketing is a key leadership role responsible for driving the success of the marketing efforts for our growing company. He/she will oversee the development and implementation of successful marketing and public relations initiatives aimed at boosting brand recognition and attracting new customers while retaining existing ones. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for leading and executing the overall marketing strategy for our restaurant group, including brand development, social media, SEO, geofencing, promotions, and digital marketing.
Responsibilities: (Including, but not limited to)
- Developing and implementing brand strategies and tactics to increase awareness and drive qualified traffic and sales.
- Create marketing plan to increase sales revenues across all revenue centers and to ensure we meet sales goals.
- Strategically planning, implementing, and executing marketing campaigns across various platforms including traditional and digital marketing, media relations, community relations, retail process, social media, and event coordination.
- Establishing strategic relationships and partnerships with key agencies and vendors.
- Manage seasonal menu food & beverage changes across concepts; Collaborates with Regional Directors to enhance menu offerings, while increasing margins and food scores.
- Generating engaging content for the website, email campaigns, and social media.
- Assessing and reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns as necessary and evaluating against established goals and modifying as necessary to deliver sales results.
- Managing annual budget for all marketing activities.
- Ensure Marketing Local Store programs including events, promotions, brand awareness campaigns, Operational holidays, and partnerships are in line with brand standards.
- Employ and engage with SEO and Geofencing technology to increase brand awareness to desired markets.
- Participate in and actively support staff and Executive Leadership Team meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience in marketing, communication, and public relations (MBA preferred)
- Excellent communication and decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Ability to motivate and inspire the marketing team.
- Superior speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience with budget and timeline management
- Some travel is required to support brand initiatives and events
- Experience in growth and restaurant organizations highly preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines, pay close attention to detail, and work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Possess an understanding of branding, layout, color theory, and typography in print and digital media.
- Strong skills in industry-standard graphics programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and/or similar programs.
- The physical demands described below represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to stand, walk, and use hands and fingers.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Some travel is necessary for this position.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may evolve and change over time as needed.