Location: Remote within Canada
The Data Engineer III at Coconut Software will act as the technical lead for projects by designing, developing, and maintaining infrastructure that delivers accessible data to power decision-making. The growing Data Platform team will create and manage infrastructure and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
This role has a strong focus on business outcomes and the relationship between departmental development goals and overall company goals. Coconut is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with experience designing intuitive and efficient data processes and products. From building our data lake using highly-optimized formats, to establishing scalable processes for the efficient transformation of data in batch, streaming, and via machine learning, you will champion best practices for ensuring data security and protecting the quality of our datasets. You should have strong organizational, critical thinking, and communication skills.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Develop, design, and analyze data architecture and data warehouses in collaboration with team members from all aspects of the organization.
- Develop understanding of all data stores used within the organization.
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making.
- Write and manage technical documents on database content and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Ensure delivery schedule is on track and keep (internal) customers informed of the progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5 or more years of development experience, including at least 3 years of experience with architecting and maintaining data solutions.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance.
- Security products and methods (OAuth, IAM, Kerberos).
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian, linear regression, NumPy, etc.).
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience.
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and sitting idle or stagnant drives you nuts. You’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized (More than 27% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
What’s in it for you?
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a four day work week!
- We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs weekly;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Flexible & Remote Work Opportunities (with a dog friendly office!)
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Professional Development & learning opportunities
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor
So, what’s next?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place in a team you’re proud to work with every day! (even if it’s virtually!).
Who we are and what we do:
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
Some awards we’re proud of include;
Being named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Youth, Best Workplaces for Women and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.