Management Information Systems Specialist
Support the activities, operations, and data
management of the Adult Learning Center as Management Information Systems
Specialist (MIS). The MIS position serves as the manager for adult education
data collection, analysis and reporting. The MIS is responsible for the local
Literacy, Adult, and Community Education System (LACES), and data quality
control procedures, including assisting with data analysis for program improvement,
and serves as a resource for all program staff. Specific responsibilities:
- Entering and monitoring the entry LACES data and
downloading reports and documents.
- Attend required state and/or LACES professional
- Working as a team member with the Program
Administrator, the Intake Assessment Specialist, and the Instructional
- Ensuring data are accessible, in a timely manner, to
staff and other stakeholders.
- Developing data analysis reports utilizing various
graphic/visual display modalities.
- Assisting with the development of various data reports
for internal and external purposes.
- Providing LACES training for any data entry personnel,
such as a data entry clerks, to ensure accuracy of outcome data.
- Promoting clear procedures for collecting, documenting,
and reporting data.
- Assisting with the development and execution of the
program’s Data Quality Plan, along with Program Manager, IS and IAS.
- Assisting in identifying program’s professional
development needs for LACES data entry and coordinating activities to
address those needs.
- Enter data into the LACES database on a biweekly basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned based upon program
demographics, enrollment trends, and the needs of target populations.
- Participating in program team meetings and assist with program evaluation.
- Participate in and assist with ALC events.
- Staff office as needed.
- Other duties as required by the program or requested by the Program Director
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled