Job Title: Keg
Location: Main Location
Reports To: Brewing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Keg Filler Operator is responsible for retrieving empty kegs
and processing them through a dedicated station that cleans, sterilizes and
fills the kegs. Once the kegs are
filled, the Operator will be responsible arranging the kegs onto pallets and
moving them to the holding area. This position will follow standard work
methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and
safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Operates the keg cleaning and sterilization
- Responsible for retrieving and filling empty
kegs according to the standard operating procedures.
- Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting
equipment on the keg line.
- Ensuring product quality through visual
inspection and quality assurance checks.
- Responsible for operating a forklift.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and around
perimeter of machines (cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes
The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
- Flexible to work rotating schedules as business
needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of
time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and
materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to roll full kegs up to 160 pounds on
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body
and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line
(ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective
Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position does not require
any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety
policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when
there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer,
including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled