Zehnder Communications is a fully integrated advertising agency providing a wide range of services, including strategic marketing, public relations, media placement, creative services, social media, interactive design and programming. With offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Nashville, the agency has been serving the greater Southeast region for 25 years. We’ve been awarded New Orleans City Business’ Best Places to Work 14 times.
Do you want to be part of an award winning and successful team? Are you a pro at translating your clients’ needs into creative and appealing campaigns? Interested in developing your career in a team oriented, "work hard, play hard" environment? Then Zehnder may be the place for you. We currently have an opening in our Nashville office for a Senior Copywriter.
As a Senior Copywriter your responsibilities include the following:
- Key member of Zehnder Creative Team.
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to the collaborative conception and production of multi-media campaigns and the creation of related elements, while participating in new business pitches as assigned.
- Conceive original ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team by providing insightful and clever copy solutions, as well as production supports to CDs and Art Directors on various Creative, Social Media & Interactive projects when necessary.
- Present all initial ideas to the Creative Director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts; Learn to adapt creative strategies by writing creative platforms and rationales to help sell effective concepts to clients.
- Meet with account executives to discuss the client’s requirements and help develop core messages and familiarize yourself with the product, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
- Write various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a rough storyboard and/or animatic and scratch audio track and revise copy as necessary for client approval.
- Oversee the production phase collaboratively with Art Directors and Associate CDs, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies, helping cast actors and models when needed.
- Create and edit copy for websites, banner campaigns, e-mail newsletter promotional materials marketing landing pages, storyboards and online digital video.
- Maintain job files within agency archives, digital copy files, and production materials within company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications or related field or equivalent experience and education/certification required.
- 5+ years agency creative experience.
- Advanced computer skills in ALL applicable industry-specific Software such as: Microsoft Office, Keynote, CRM.
- Excellent command over the English language. Expert writing skills, editing and proof reading abilities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of agency staff and clients.
- Ability to write for diversified audiences and understands how they interact with brand messaging.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethics and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance and 401k matching
- Recognition programs
- Paid holidays and vacation/personal/sick time/maternity leave
- A great creative work space in our New Orleans or Nashville office
- A flexible, family friendly, pet-friendly and collaborative work environment with an intense focus on teamwork
If you can excel in this role and are interested in joining our award winning team, please send resumes and writing samples to: https://easyapply.co/a/a65566cd-b18d-49a6-b091-aa216e5b1a87
Please include your salary requirements. No phone calls please. Local candidates only. All submissions confidential. EOE.
Zehnder Communications is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled