Location: Auburn, NY
Shift: 7 am – 3:30 pm (Adjusted according to company & market conditions)
Department: Maintenance Department
Reports to: Production Manager
Perform various tasks to ensure maintenance activities are properly planned and performed.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the facility’s equipment
- Providing emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performing scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Performing simple machinist duties and responsibilities such as machine set up.
- Performing mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
- Reading and interpreting equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnosing problems, replacing or repairing parts, testing and making adjustments
- Performing regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities
- Performing a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Using a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detecting faulty operations and defective material and reporting those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Complying with safety regulations and maintaining clean and orderly work areas
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
- Four or more years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC; vacuum furnace experience is preferred
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier weight necessary at times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, in some instances, this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.