Accounts Payable Coordinator
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market.
Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
Aurora Peat Products produces professional grade Canadian Sphagnum peat moss products that enhance crop productivity and overall growing media quality for a wide range of industries and uses such as: soil mixes for the horticulture market, soil conditioners, mushroom casing material, general vegetable gardening, cannabis, and reforestation seedlings. We are a leader in promoting sustainability within our environment and industry. We believe that people matter most - because our people drive our business, engage with our customers, and continue transform our company.
More information? Check us out - https://investors.hydrofarm.com/ If you are aligned with our mission and beliefs, let's connect.
We are currently looking for an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Coordinator works according to an established schedule and procedures and has overall responsibility for assisting with the timely processing of Accounts Payable for the office division of Aurora Peat Products.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Performing Month End / Year End A/P procedures
- Bank and wire transfer
- Ensuring proper approval on all inventory and non-inventory invoices
- High Volume AP matching, coding and posting
- Post credit memos
- Ensure all back up documentation (receiving papers) have a daily purchase master report attached. Ensure its accuracy and sign off for filing
- File all posted invoices
- Vendor relations
- Processing of employee expense reports
- Prepare weekly cheque & EFT runs
- Print cheques and work with Accounting Manager on cash management.
- Cash Expense Reconciliations
- Maintaining Goods Received Not Invoiced accounts
- Maintaining vendor deposit accounts
- Process and track/maintain all pre-paid purchases
- File closed payables paperwork
- Additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Accounting with experience in Accounts payable (2 years Required)
- Proficient computer skills, along with Excel and Great Plains or Microsoft Dynamics is an asset
- Experience in full Cycle Accounts Payable (required)
- Experience in the production industry is an asset
- Must possess strong written and communication skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Dependable, good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position