The Assistant Facilities Manager is responsible for supporting the Facilities Manager in maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint and wall coverings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Informs the Facilities Manager on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintain these systems.
- Ensure all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications.
- Supports the Facilities Manager in maintaining effective preventative maintenance programs.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities.
- Supervise team members including training, evaluations, development and disciplining.
- Review guest comments and ensure that problems are identified and corrected in a timely matter.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly matter to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Act as the safety coordinator for the entire hotel including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment throughout the hotel for all team members, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety.
- Ensure that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering.
- Perform swimming pool maintenance duties according to manufacturer specifications and local health department regulations.
- Respond promptly to elevator breakdowns.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, Fire Safety Laws.
- Maintain all work areas in orderly and clean condition.
- Set up and break down special events on hotel property as needed.
- Support beach attendants, beach/pool chairs, umbrellas in season.
- Attend weekly management and training meetings.
- Responsible for maintenance schedule, budgets and timelines.
- Wear the proper uniform; ensure staff wears proper uniform.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Problem-solving Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
This position supports management of the team within the department.
This position operates in indoors and outdoors in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position may require employee to work outside in all inclement conditions. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 75 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays. Six days a week are required May through Septemeber.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Previous maintenance supervisory experience
- Hospitality experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.