Bellperson/Parking Attendant - Eldorado Resort (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approximately May - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
A resort Bellperson/Parking Attendant monitors the front entrance, greets guests and assists guests with parking and baggage handling upon arrival and departure. Acts as a liaison for guests, for both the resort and non-resort services. Assists the guest with inquiries concerning the resort or off-premises attractions, facilities, services or activities. Responds to guest’s needs and relays information to appropriate departments. Manages parking and traffic control in assigned areas and monitors all resort parking areas. Knows how to provide concise, accurate directions and has strong oral communication skills while displaying genuine interest in each guest.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist guests on arrival and departure in parking vehicles, handling luggage and any other items.
- Opening doors, escorting guests to the resort registration area, controlling vehicles, traffic flow and safety at the resort entrance.
- Performs light housekeeping services in the Lobby and entry area by maintaining the cleanliness and neatness.
- Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place at the Resort.
- Coordinates the storing, tracking, tagging and retrieval of luggage, as well as any outgoing or incoming courier packages.
- Escort VIP guests to room as required.
- Assist with stay over guest’s room transfers (aka, room moves).
- Conducts guest room and resort tours as needed.
- Bellmen also serve as parking attendants.
- Taking ownership of the parking lot by blocking spaces and directing both event guests and hotel guests to proper reserved parking areas.
- Accurately notes and enters license plate numbers for guest parking permits.
- Manage parking and traffic control in assign area and monitor all surface and garage parking areas for facility.
- Perform regular patrol on all parking areas and provide assistance to guest if required.
- Manage and resolve all customer queries and control traffic at entrance and exists at all times and perform repairs on all parking equipment if required.
- Evaluate parking to ensure optimal utilization of area and maintain safety of all guests.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Self-starter, eye for detail, and keen observation skills.
- Pro-active and anticipate guest needs and expectations.
- Able to react appropriately in stressful situations.
- Organized and efficient.
- Excellent oral and written communication with a focus on selling techniques.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time standing, sitting, lifting heavy items.
- Strong customer service and telephone skills, organized and efficient.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The resort is unable to assist those without a visa.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.