JOB SUMMARY: Act as one of the Company’s primary interfaces with existing and potential customers; responsible for ensuring that customers receive the maximum benefit from Wickliffe’s services. The goal is to educate, assist, acquire and retain customers by facilitating the customer’s prescription filling process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take calls for prescriptions and customer service inquiries
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned pharmaceutical sales targets
- Develops robust territory business plans in collaboration with internal partners
- Develops strong and long-term relationships with customers & veterinarians in all assigned territories
- Work with team members and overseeing pharmacist to better aid customers and increase sales
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You have some sales experience with good sales
abilities and have the entrepreneurial spirit and drive to help grow our U.S. business.
- Excellent oral communications skills (grammar, positive tone, active listening, etiquette, empathy, confidence) and written skills (spelling, logical thought processes and sentence construction, appropriate word choice).
- Extremely customer-focused; positive, professional attitude.
- Intelligent, self-motivated, quick learner.
- Pays strict attention to detail; understands importance of accuracy and responsiveness.
- Strong organization and work prioritization skills.
- Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Ability to use software systems
- Ability to travel with occasional overnights required
- Quickly understand and analyze customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred OR 2-5 years of experience in customer service with an excellent performance and attendance record.
- Sales experience highly desired
- Previous veterinary care experience is desired
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle available for travel within territory with no limitations for air travel
- Aptitude for learning technical and scientific product related information
- Demonstrated influencing and selling skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and database environments
- Outstanding communications and organization skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Strong PC and internet skills.
- Annual registration with the state of Kentucky as a pharmacy technician.
- National Certification is to be obtained within the first six months of employment.
BENEFITS (Full Time Employees):
- Simple IRA
- Anthem Health Insurance
- Delta Dental Insurance
- Delta Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for growth and raise based on performance