Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
The LCSW is responsible primarily for providing counseling and support services to clients in Living Classrooms Foundation Fresh Start program. The Fresh Start program provide vocational training, essential skills training, academic remediation, and job placement to youth ages 16-19 who are justice involved and being supervised by the Maryland Department of Juvenile Justice.
The LCSW is the primary interface for access services such as counseling and support, screening, assessment, brief treatment, consultative services. The LCSW will sit down one on one with clients and offer mental health therapy (based on a Trauma-Informed Care approach) and provide group Cognitive Behavior Therapy to help them improve the quality of their lives. The LCSW will also assist staff with direct support to clients and provide professional development. This is a part-time position.
· Adhere to Scope of practice standards promulgated by the Maryland State Board of Social Work
· Provide group and individual therapy to clients. Specifically, group Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
· Utilize one or more of the well-known Trauma-Informed Care interventions
· Conduct brief, screenings to evaluate the needs of clients enrolled in the program for mental health and support services, based on direct interview and interaction with the discussion with other staff members who interact with client.
· Assess, evaluate, formulate, and implement treatment plans for clients
· Perform comprehensive assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and medical needs. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
· Provide early interventions and referrals to specialty mental health services, including referral for more intensive psychological or psychiatric support services, if needed.
· Document findings in client records according to established protocol. Submit monthly reports on number of unduplicated clients, behavioral health consultations, screenings, assessments, and brief treatment encounters provided.
· Maintain client records, including all mandated agency forms in accordance agency policy, state Confidentiality and HIPPA laws. Keep all records and information confidential. Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged administrative and client information in a professional manner.
· Keep case load as required and ensures case documentation is up-to-date and reflective of services provided.
· Conducts ongoing periodic evaluation and at exit of program for all clients. Also, participate in program development and evaluation, and collect and compile data as required by program and funding sources.
· Handles client concerns with regards to counseling issues.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or counselor in the State of Maryland and have a minimum of a master’s degree in one or more of the following: mental health counseling, social work, or related field.
· Must meet screening requirements, which include a Criminal Background check.
· Must have familiarity with the needs of the target population and experience working with high risks individuals or crisis intervention.
· Completes and provides evidence of Licensure Renewals annually and copies of Continuing Education Credits.