Senior Software Developer
We are seeking an innovative, self-starter Senior Software
Developer for a permanent
full-time position. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Senior Software
Developer will be responsible for collaborating with their team, create a
seamless software experience for our clients, and contribute to the improvement
of our products and processes. This role will be hired local to our head office in Stoney Creek with the expectation of 3 days a week in the office 2 days remote.
Who is Ackroo?
Ackroo is an innovative SaaS-based technology Company that is consolidating, simplifying and improving the loyalty marketing, payments and point of sale industry. Problem solvers, strategic out-of-the-box thinkers, and individuals who are eager to make a difference will thrive in our entrepreneurial environment.
Why join the Ackroo?
- Innovation: We foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the-box creativity.
- Transparency: Building trust as a team through transparent, open feedback and communication
- Collaboration + Teamwork: Collaborating with a group of passionate, driven people makes our gears run smoothly.
- Ownership: Not only does our team get to own their projects, through our stock options program, they get to be an owner.
- Work-life Balance: Thriving both personally and professionally is key to success at Ackroo. Hybrid work, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits are offered to support your health and wellness.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Develop and ship intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of Junior and Intermediate team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
A little bit about you
- University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Developer
- 5+ years of software engineering in one or more of the following languages: Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js, or PHP
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Design concepts
- Knowledge of MySQL/SQL
- Positive attitude with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work in a team and learn quickly
- Spent 3 of the last 5 years working in a full stack development capacity
- Excellent verbal/written and technical communication skills
- Experience solving performance and optimization problems
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform
What we offer
- Competitive base salary
- 3 weeks vacation + 6 flexible/sick days
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Stock options
- A fun work environment with a great team and lots of snacks
Ackroo is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. If you need accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise our Talent Acquisition team.
We thank all candidates for submitting their applications, but due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates who are selected to move forward in the next step of the recruitment process.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position