The Commodity Manager will report directly to
the Supply Chain Director and work as a key management player with Buyers in a
dynamic working environment. This role
is newly created to support our company’s growing business and to meet our
valuable customers’ high standards and needs.
The critical role of commodity acquisition is guided by our long-term
supply chain strategies and procured procedures to optimize result. This position is accountable for suppliers’
performance review and results, maintenance of quality and compliance,
materials inventory and transition, supplier interface platform and process
- Initiate commodities strategic and tactical
plans on a semi-annual and annual basis.
- Report commodities key performance results, issues,
and opportunities monthly.
- Maintain supplier selection guidance and
suppliers’ data base and manage supplier platforms.
- Improve ERP and PLM systems for use on supply
chain related subjects.
- Provide suppliers training on Copy Exact
policy and obsolescence management.
- Coordinate suppliers’ related changes for a
smooth transition without negatively impacting production.
- Ensure our customer’s expectation and quality
requirements are met.
- Conduct supplier performance reviews and improvement.
- Execute new supplier or components evaluation,
negotiation, selection, and contract agreements.
- Identify key risk issues during project
reviews and develop and implement appropriate mitigation plans.
- Streamline supply channel and method; analyze
- Introduce supplier innovation whenever
possible to improve costs and features for a win-win solution.
- Assist Buyers on critical issues with
suppliers on cost, delivery, quality defects or new design.
- Validate BOM cost or drive the lowest possible
cost reduction for critical projects.
- Ensure unique, critical, or long lead
components have supply protection, surge capacity and lead time reduction.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or
related fields related to supply chain or operations.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain,
preferably in OEM environment or semiconductor industry.
- 3-5 years supervision experience to lead and coach
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods,
and techniques used in supply chain management.
- Experienced in Electrical, Electronics, PCBAs,
Metals, Plastics, Wood, Ceramics, Fibre, Optical, etc.
- Knowledge of the related market trends and its
- Ability to analyze complex data sets,
including costed BOM, projected procurement and total cost impact.
- Ability to manage the last time buy parts for
a smooth transition.
- Strong supplier management, project management
and execution skills.
- Proficient in using ERP and PLM systems, preferably
in EPICOR and Arena.
- Direct experiences in system change, upgrade,
and sand box test run.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and
- Good time management, problem solving and
- Proficient in MS Office (TEAMS, Outlook,
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Power BI, Project Management).
This position comes with an excellent compensation and
benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work
environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your
interest in a career with us.