The Resource Center Manager is responsible to the church, under the direction of Lead Connection Minister for managing the day-to-day activities of the Resource Center in support of the church’s ministries. Primarily, this person selects and secures new holdings for the library from new releases as well as the review and selection of appropriate donated materials. Also selects and maintains current inventory based on popular selling items, support materials for church ministries, and other ministry resources which would aide and support members as it relates to the church’s mission statement regarding - gospel conversations, groups, and going. This person also culls existing holdings to eliminate out-of-date or unusable materials. The Resource Center Manager serves to manage the operation of the church’s Library /Bookstore through the coordination of volunteer staffing efforts and maintains a budget allocated to the purchase and maintenance of library and bookstore material and the general operation of both.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide reference and study group materials and support for the church’s group ministries.
- Recruit, train, and retain volunteer library and bookstore workers in support of library activities, to include inventory, checkout, consultation, and promotion of library events and daily activities.
- Select, purchase, and manage inventory for sale in bookstore.
- Maintain the library holdings inventory through current library management software.
- Consult with campus ministries to appropriately determine best resources for member development (ie. Women’s ministry, next gen resources, sending/missions, groups-Bible studies resources, Congregational Care)
- Maintain regular Resource Center hours throughout the week and on Sundays in order to facilitate church members’ access to resource center’s holdings, as well as during special events as directed by Lead Connection Minister.
- Consult with and support church members who desire to donate new holdings in honor of or in memory of church members, friends and family.
- Maintain bookstore point-of-sale software, including inventory management and financial reporting.
- Maintain a quality visual aesthetic and safe environment for the patrons of the Resource Center.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
- Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
- Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
- Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
- Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
- Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty (for Professional Staff positions only)
- Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
- Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
- Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
- Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
- Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
- Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH necessary to be successful in this role
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future growth.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and exhibit a lifestyle of consistent Christian disciplines consistent with the expectations of all Brentwood Baptist employees.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be punctual and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Should demonstrate strong administrative and managerial skills.
- Should possess financial and business skills.
- Should be knowledgeable in the area of library science, including modern organizational strategies and standard policies and procedures.
- Should be keenly aware of popular Christian study and entertainment.
- Should have retail experience, with retail management a plus.
- Should demonstrate ability to learn new technologies and procedures and then to train others.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of library science and/or retail management.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled